Lachlan is a Director of Bennett & Philp Lawyers and is a member of the Disputes and Litigation and Employment Law teams and heads the Sport’s Law Team.
He has broad experience across a wide range of commercial litigation matter and advises clients in:
- Commercial litigation;
- Employment and industrial relations law;
- Dispute resolution;
- Consumer disputes;
- Debt recovery,
- Automotive law and
- Sport’s Law.
Prior to being admitted as a solicitor, Lachlan was the Head Coach of the Queensland Academy of Sport Women’s Softball program. Lachlan’s role was to prepare the athletes for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Lachlan remains active in high-performance women’s softball coaching at the National level in his spare time.
Since joining Bennett & Philp Lawyers, Lachlan has acted in a variety of complex litigation matters. Those matters include, but not limited to, Trust disputes, multimillion dollar misappropriation of monies matters, professional negligence, leasing disputes, contractual disputes, amongst many other types of matters. Lachlan’s litigation focus involves him acting for a range of clients including insurers, national building suppliers and small to large enterprises.
In acting for employers, Lachlan advises on performance and disciplinary procedures, redundancy matters including but not limited to workforce restructuring and terminations of employment. Lachlan also assists employers in defending unfair dismissal and general protections applications, in addition to bullying, harassment and discrimination claims.
He also reviews and drafts workplace policies and procedures for employer clients, in addition to reviewing workplace WH&S obligations.
Lachlan has extensive experience in providing advice to executives and professionals on recruitment matters, new appointments, contract terms and conditions, incentives and performance bonuses. He also advises in cases of executive dismissals and the termination of employment.
Lachlan is also very active in the automotive industry both advising and representing clients in relation to consumer law disputes.
Approachable, practical, trusted.
- Adverse Action
- Automotive Law
- Bankruptcy and Personal Debts
- Building and Construction
- Bullying and Harassment
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Compulsory Third Party Insurance
- Construction Disputes
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Contract Administration
- Contract Disputes and Enforcements
- Contracts for Employees and Independent Contractors
- Credit Agreements
- Debt Recovery and Insolvency Services
- Dismissals and Redundancy
- Employee Dismissals and Redundancy
- Employment Conditions and Contracts
- Human Resources Advice
- Industrial Relations
- Insurance Law
- Leasing Disputes
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Motor Vehicle Insurance Claims
- Professional Risk and Indemnity
- Property Litigation
- Public and Private Liability
- Sport’s Law
- Trading Terms and Conditions
- Workers’ Compensation and Work Injuries
- Workplace Disputes
- Workplace Documentation
- Workplace Discrimination
2012 High Court of Australia