Lachlan is a Senior Associate of Bennett & Philp Lawyers and member of our Disputes and Litigation Team.
He has broad experience across a wide range of commercial litigation matters and advises clients in:
- Commercial litigation;
- Employment and industrial relations law;
- Dispute resolution;
- Consumer disputes;
- Debt recovery,
- Automotive law and
In acting for employers, Lachlan advises on performance and disciplinary procedures, redundancy matters including but not limited to workforce restructuring and terminations of employment. Lachlan also assists employers in defending unfair dismissal and general protections applications, in addition to bullying, harassment and discrimination claims.
He also reviews and drafts workplace policies and procedures for employer clients, in addition to reviewing workplace WH&S obligations.
Lachlan has extensive experience in providing advice to executives and professionals on recruitment matters, new appointments, contract terms and conditions, incentives and performance bonuses. He also advises in cases of executive dismissals and the termination of employment.
Lachlan’s litigation focus involves him acting for a range of clients including insurers, national building suppliers and small to large enterprises. He provides assistance in drafting and reviewing credit applications and agreements, trading terms and conditions for commercial clients as well as advising on contract disputes and enforcements. His litigation and dispute resolution capability includes contract disputes, competition and consumer law, privacy, professional negligence and leasing disputes.
In unresolved matters requiring debt recovery and enforcements, Lachlan maintains an enviable record of successful recoveries for clients of the firm.
In conjunction with Business Advisory Director Brian Smith, Lachlan provides a telephone advice service for members of the automotive industry peak body, Motor Trades Association of Queensland (MTAQ), fielding and responding to members’ enquiries across many areas of law.
Approachable, practical, trusted.
- Adverse Action
- Automotive Law
- Bankruptcy and Personal Debts
- Building and Construction
- Bullying and Harassment
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Compulsory Third Party Insurance
- Construction Disputes
- Construction Infrastructure
- Contract Administration
- Contract Disputes and Enforcements
- Contracts for Employees and Independent Contractors
- Credit Agreements
- Debt Recovery and Insolvency Services
- Dismissals and Redundancy
- Dispute Resolution
- Employee Dismissals and Redundancy
- Employment Conditions and Contracts
- General Construction Disputes and Advice
- Human Resources Advice
- Industrial Relations
- Insurance Law
- Leasing Disputes
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Motor Vehicle Insurance Claims
- Professional Risk and Indemnity
- Property Litigation
- Public and Private Liability
- Trading Terms and Conditions
- Workers’ Compensation and Work Injuries
- Workplace Disputes
- Workplace Documentation
- Workplace Discrimination
2012 High Court of Australia