Our Estate Planning Team have expert tax knowledge. The Team can ensure that any tax issues relevant to your estate plan are highlighted and addressed, whether they relate to your self-managed superannuation fund, family or unit trust or companies that you control or have an interest in.
In particular we assist clients with the following tax issues related to estate planning:
· Superannuation compliance:
- Advising on general and regulatory compliance issues, preparation of documentation for self- managed super funds including limited recourse borrowing arrangements and advising on compliance in relation to asset acquisitions and fund investments;
· Superannuation taxation:
- Advising on tax considerations that are an integral part of superannuation in all phases of self- managed superannuation funds from accumulation to death benefits succession;
· Taxation of trusts:
- Assisting clients with relevant taxation considerations including tax implications for beneficiaries of trusts under the capital gains tax and dividend imputation regimes and assisting clients to achieve improved asset protection and taxation outcomes;
· Business succession:
- Advising clients on the impact and potential application of the capital gains tax concessions for small businesses.